Wednesday, November 18, 2009

jacket...

Let me get this straight.

The director calls almost every day with an assignment. My Asst Proj. Mgr is absent, so im functioning in that capacity for now. We have a new secretary, and i have to orientate her. The new Proj Mgr is also directionless and keeps asking me for drawings. And my Thursdays are spent collating data for the weekly report. And Fridays are totally spent finalizing, amending and submitted said reports.

That's about it in a nutshell.

And in other words, the Fridge has been replaced with a new one. Jasper is still useless, bcos he has exams, so he cant do ANYTHING, can't wash, can't clean, can't boil water, can't refill the water in the fridge, can't do any chores, can't do SHIT - bcos he has to study. SO FINE. Let him study. STUDY STUDY STUDY. He had better get straight As. If u study SOOOOOO much and spend SOOOOOOOO much time on it, and still cant ace anything, then seriously, you FAIL.

So that's it. That's my life in general now. Until things begin to settle, i'll be crazy mad busy.

But at least, i have time to appreciate the little things.

Firstly, i must thank dad. THANKS DAD, for giving me your Helly Hanson jacket.

Thursday evening, the sky exploded again. The downpour was INSANE. Umbrellas were torn off their sticks and even the work had to be postponed in certain parts of the site.

It was THAT heavy. Like god planted invisible pipes above our heads and just turned them on suddenly. Gushing frm the sky.

The canteen and the foyer area were FLOODED - with people. No one could leave. Bet the designer who said, "Eh, fuck it, MBS doesnt need sheltered walkways", bet he's being crucified somewhere out there. Fuck him. Useless dipshit.

ANYWAY, i stared at the sky and the rain, and went back to the office. Calmly, i strapped my duffel bag to my back and threw dad's Helly Hansen jacket over me, zipped it up to the full, and pulled the hidden hood over my head.

And while everyone was waiting there, I walked thru the foyer, towards the rain. I passed the PB inspector, who was half drenched and cowering in a corner. I waved and smiled, "See u tml." I passed our MBS Package Mgr, who constantly comes in and screams at us, as he stands there helpless. "See u too."

And while the entire site stood there and stared, i stuffed my hands into my pockets and stepped into the rain.

You cannot imagine what that feels like. It felt ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY AWESOMESAUCE.

Thanks for the jacket, dad.

No comments: