Thursday, December 3, 2009

a sad day indeed...

New Moon ticket sales have outsold Dark Knight ticket sales, and in just the midnight opening only.

It is truly sad day for humanity when the number of fat obese pimple-faced, low self-esteemed girls outnumber guys. That's what the ticket sales indicate. But i guess I should be happy. Since there are less guys than girls, wouldnt that make the stock value of guys go up? Great. I guess guys are now definitely worth more than the uncultured swine of the earth.

But in all fairness, I find it HIGHLY amusing - the portrayal of vampire and werewolves.

And i am also SADDENED.

There was a time, when vampires were truly HORRIFYING. They were chilling reminders of supernatural evil. And the very sight of one... could keep you sleepless for NIGHTS at an end. They would feed, mercilessly and indiscriminately, and spread plague and disease.

Badass shit.

Somehow... somewhere down the line... vampires and EMO became intertwined. And I blame the BLADE movies for that. Slowly but surely... Vampires became goth and emo and in the end, vampires were portrayed like stray dogs - lonely, sad, lacking human companionship, and always doing UTTERLY STUPID SHIT (see Edward in New Moon for example).

Someone needs to bring back the true VAMPIRE. The real horror of the night. The kind that you DONT want to bump into along a dark alley.

Now onto Werewolves. I subscribe to a Movie Trailer user on the tube, and i came across the New Moon trailer. And this time, they mentioned something about Werewolves. And the first thing i thought was "HOLY SH*T! The Beast of Gevauden! The prowlers of the night!" I remember seeking Jack Nicholson transform into a ravenous beast and i almost shit my pants.

As Peter Chao said, "[In New Moon] he turns into a DOG. Are u kidding me? Are u fucking kidding me?"

In the New Moon trailer, the guy jumps and turns into a large, overfed DOG. WTF. Not menacing at all. Not in the slightest bit. The only thing that scared me about it was godforbid that it mistake me for a fire hydrant.

So sad. Inglourious Basterds is the best shit ever.

No comments: