Thursday, January 8, 2009

a 5min promotion...

There is a room in our office labelled as the "CTO's office". Our Chief Financial Officer's gargantuan office. However, due to the nature of the his work, the CTO is seldom in the office. In fact, sometimes we almost forget that he exists. Seriously.

So what is it used for currently?

Well, its the home of our MBS project, actually, here, we store and house mock-ups and the rest of the equipment involved in the project.

And most importantly, we need its TABLE. He has a HUGE table, perfect for those A1 sized drawings of hotel wings and such.

So today i was at work, alone, inside the CTO's office, reading over a pile of drawings and making markings and typing entries into my com. And i was in a particularly FOUL mood. I had stayed in the office almost the whole day yesterday until a grand 9pm plus and today i was stuck here again.

I NEED SITE-WORK!!

Anyway, im sitting there fuming in my pants, when the door bursts open. Standing at the door is a young man with a sling bag. He is surprised that im there. But why should he be? I work here, dont I. Piece of shit.

"Andwhaddayoowant?" I hiss at him.

He stares at me, stares at the side and bows.

"Sorry sorry sorry."

Then he disappears, closing the door as he goes.

5 seconds later, the secretary opens the door and sees me. Then starts laughing.

5 seconds later, the senior engineer comes in and sees me. Then starts laughing.

Turns out the young guy who had burst into the office earlier was a contracted engineer, sent here to retrieve something from the pile of equipment in the corner.

Little did he know that the "CTO" was in the office. Hahahaha... I had to go out there and let him into the room. And even after i told him i was just an engineer, he was all meek and shit. Hehe... bloody good shit.

Now back to work, Noob...

song of the day is "Realize" as sung by John Nathaniel...

No comments: