Friday, January 30, 2009

new toys again...

Blogging from a brand new company laptop.

The model is a Lenovo R400. Everything is golden, ESPECIALLY bcos the IT department had a problem installing Roadwarrior on this laptop.

Basically, Roadwarrior is a hardware that allows this laptop to be enabled by insertion of a smartcard. This system also allows the IT department to track what programs im installing or whatever... so WITHOUT it, im practically FREE. Thank gawd the are idiots.

The only downside is that the laptop has PATHETIC memory. It has only a pathetic 1GB of RAM. I need more to run AutoCad, which is the MAIN reason why i asked for a company lappie.

I'll plug in a spare one that my dad has, maybe, or maybe just invest in a module myself, since it's pretty cheap nowadays. See how bah!

Oh yeah, and the screen is bigger than my old one - i think...

No comments: