Saturday, January 2, 2010

faults and double faults...

The first morning of the new year kinda symbolised the week in general. I mean, it was tennis (of course), and god knows we love our ball games. But thumping down forehands and serves in the blazing hot sun was not easy. While our minds were alive with electricity, the body politely delayed its complaints til later in the day, when fatigue began to sit in, the sun burns started to... well... BURN, and the eyes began to grow heavier for no apparent reason.

That said it simply - fun isnt all fun and games.

And while work has been exciting and trying and pretty much the best learning experience one can expect, it's started to burn. And i mean BURN.

Imagine waking up in the morning, rushing your breakfast, fighting for a place on the bus/mrt, walking in the hot morning sun to your work place, only to be dragged into a meeting. The dreaded War Room.

Patrick, the package manager in charge of overseeing our progress, has made it his personal vendetta to thoroughly screw the living daylights out of my project manager and my team. Me included.

Thank god, my graphs were *correct* (at least for the moment).

Patrick has a knack with words too. At this level of management, i mean, who DOESNT?

Careful positioning and the strategic use of highly intellectual words like "fuck up", "delays" and "you fuck up again and I will screw your package to the ends of the world", have pretty much successfully placed the entire delay of works firmly onto our heads.

After 2 hrs of "this is YOUR FAULT, no one else. YOUR FAULT." It's pretty much all she wrote.

And good ol Pat laid down another stipulation - we'd have to have this meeting EVERY MORNING FROM NOW ONE.

Monday was already tough. Then Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday.

And by the time I stepped into the office on Saturday - im pretty much a dead man walking. Scheduled for execution every morning at 9am sharp.

Shit, i didnt even have breakfast proper yet.

So yeah, it's my fault. All my fault. Story of my life, what can I say?

And its not just at work too.

I wont go into details. But yeah, it's all my fault. Whatever. I really couldnt care anymore at this point.

But enough of that crap.

4 Days of TENNIS. That'll fix you up just right.

Rain or shine, we've got time. And the only faults you ever commit, will the ones that you truly hold in your hand.

No comments: